Friday, July 2, 2010

Aghast

Appalled.

Horrified.

I can't think of a solitary spec in our "Need" category that was met by the design we were presented this afternoon, though I'm sure there must be a few. Someplace in the house. Surely?

I can think of numerous "we absolutely DO NOT WANT THIS" items that were in the design. More than I can keep track of, in fact.

WTF?

I am ready to cry.

"What would you say if I could get you a refrigerator for $1200 that matches everything else in the kitchen?"

Huh? We didn't even go down the path of the fact that the current, less than 2-yr-old fridge is black and matches the just-over 2-yr-old black dishwasher. I just said, still stunned and somewhat communicative at that point in time, "we have a $2000 refrigerator that is less than 2 years old. It's exactly what we want and it's staying."

But I should have known that things were only going to get worse.

Much, much, much worse.

Such as a pool that is only 5'11" wide on their floor plans, when we told them it would be 9' wide and need about 1-2' access. We gave them this measurement, in writing (e-mail), on May 21, the day after we met with them at our house. The fact that the owner got all huffy and said, "well, you need to get us the dimensions of the pool immediately" seemed like some sort of bad-- really, really bad-- joke.

1 comment: